The Toronto Health Economics and Technology Assessment (THETA) Collaborative is a new multidisciplinary research collaboration based at the University of Toronto. THETA was established in July 2007.
A leading source of expertise in health technology assessment (HTA), THETA’s activities are focused in the following areas:
- Providing decision support to government by designing, implementing and analyzing HTA studies for the Medical Advisory Secretariat (MAS) of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) and Health Quality Ontario (HQO).
- Advancing the scientific discipline of HTA through high-quality research.
- Engaging in knowledge translation to disseminate knowledge of HTA among researchers, policy-makers and health service providers.
- Increasing HTA training and learning opportunities.
THETA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and Health Quality Ontario and works in partnership with the following:
- Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation (IHPME), Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto (lead academic partner)
- Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto
- University Health Network, Toronto
- Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto.