The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network (ODPRN) is a province-wide network of researchers who provide timely, high quality, drug policy relevant research to decision makers. The ODPRN’s core principles are quality, relevance, and timeliness.
The team includes researchers from five medical schools across Ontario:
The University of Ottawa
The University of Toronto
The University of Western Ontario
These researchers have expertise in pharmaceutical utilization, outcomes, economics, and policy research.
The ODPRN leverages cutting-edge research methodology and rapidly incorporates findings into policy reports for decision-makers on real-world drug utilization, safety, effectiveness, and costs.
The ODPRN is made up of three Units:
• Rapid Response Unit
• Core Academic Unit
• Knowledge Translation Unit
The ODPRN’s goals are:
• To support evidence-informed drug policy decision-making through research
• To be a leader in generating high-quality, relevant and timely research of interest to clinicians, policy-makers and academics
• To effectively communicate our findings to our stakeholders
• To provide a challenging and engaging training environment for students interested in pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics and drug policy research